Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Thursday, January 6, 2011

1.6

I get so angry when I don't move. It's like all the fire from my dissatisfaction builds up inside my bones all day. As soon as I forget to move, my blood stops flowing and cleaning the anger away. The dark, messy, gelatinous ooze seeps out of my bones and into my flesh, and crawls its way to my heart and squeezes.

I haven't moved all day. I'm angry at everything. I'm angry at school for alternately making me work and for not giving me enough to do. I'm angry at my friends for not abandoning schoolwork and finding fun things for me to do. I'm angry at my ex's sister, because her face came up on facebook once. I'm angry at the top drawer of my desk, because I don't want to deal with its contents.

Slowly, the ooze will make it to my brain, and nothing will cure me then. I have therefore made plans to play racketball with Josh this evening. I will update if it cures me. Otherwise, get ready for some slavering, misanthropist posts.

4 comments:

  1. Angry with yourself for being angry?

    I can understand what you mean. That's why I spend so much time anesthetizing myself (not the best solution, I promise you), but activity. I heard a sermon recently about how maybe what makes you angry is almost as important as what you love because it's what makes you want to get out and DO something. So, like, Jesus's indignation at the temple people was good.

    Racquetball sounds awesome, and I was totally serious about teaching Caitlin, as soon as I find her a racquet.

    I'm reading "How I Became Stupid."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Anger as a motivator? Hm.

    Well, I played racketball, so tada. Curtis showed up too-oo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right? You might as well use it.

    SO DID IT WORK? YOU SEEMED NOT COMPLETELY DESPONDENT WHEN I SAW YOU FOR LIKE TEN SECONDS AT IMPROV WITH AARON AND CALEB.

    Yay Curtis! Curtis is awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hope it helped, Robby. (And, yes, Janelle, I agree. Curtis is awesome.)

    ReplyDelete