Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Saturday, January 29, 2011

1.29

(Chris pointed out that lots of what we [my friends and I] do is just vague sentences, no dialog. So I'm going to fix that.)

"Look, if you want to come by, that's fine. I'll be studying, but we can hang out."
"I'm sorry. You're not my priority."
"The time I give you is so hard to carve out! And then when you finally get it, it's like it's not enough! I don't even meet with most of my friends once a week, and you demand more than that?"
"Ugh, just . . . trust me. I'm doing the best I can."

Hebrews 3:
7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, “Oh, that today you would listen as he speaks!
13 But exhort one another each day, as long as it is called “Today,” that none of you may become hardened by sin’s deception.

8 comments:

  1. I realized just yesterday that I give the same excuses to God that other people give to me. They are so annoying and ineffective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dialogue sounds too honest to be real.

    I'm glad you haven't "become hardened by sin's deception." If you think you have . . . wanting to change is better than doing nothing at all. You can't stay there, or anything, but . . .

    This is utter nonsense. I'm only posting it for two reasons: it's my honest first reaction, and I want you to know that I'm paying attention, unhelpful though it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard all these words thrown at me before: that's why they sound so honest.
    In the context of speaking to God, they become ridiculous. Why/how do we manage to say these things without feeling stupid?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Ouch. I'm sorry.

    Maybe because it's easy to feel that the feeling is mutual?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe because we're not listening. When we don't listen to others, we don't listen to the way our talk and actions sound to them--thus we don't see how stupid we are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. So when we don't listen to others, we don't listen to ourselves either?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think not. Selfishness despises listening of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well . . . I think maybe sometimes it demands it, just not of itself.

    ReplyDelete