Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Thursday, April 7, 2011

4.7c

I think you've seen the real me. But that's like seeing a bear through a window. You've seen the bear, and you can hear him and probably you're shocked and amazed. But! It's nothing like running your hands through the bear's fur and feeling his warmth. Not everybody gets there. It's special and unique.

But then, most people are at the Seeing Through a Window stage. Almost everybody is. But the reason why it makes me angry that you're at the Window stage is that I want you to be in the woods with me.

[good night, everybody]

13 comments:

  1. I really like this. It feels appropriate.

    Just one thing I can't get past: "I think you seen the real me."

    It's late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janelle. LATE NIGHT ACTION EDIT.
    I wrote this on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's just spectacular. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wait, am I in the woods? Or am even I one of the people at the window? Just so I know where I am. (I kind of understand this. Very few people have seen me angry, so I feel like most haven't seen every side of me.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um. . . Kyle . . . you may be the guy whose guts I'm eating. But there's nothing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Kyle . . .

    I forgot to ask: Whose woods?

    ReplyDelete
  7. James' Woods. (PUNNED!) lol sorry robby, I had to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You hurt me, Kyle.
    Check it out:
    |<YL3

    L337 ftw

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the analogy here. And I suppose the question is, how do you get the people you want to hop out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm a big fan of frankness. So . . . I don't know; is there something wrong with just asking?

    ReplyDelete