Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Monday, April 11, 2011

4.11

Oh, you have to say goodnight?
I will imagine a continued conversation.

So, what's your favorite color?

Haha, silly. They don't make the color "Daniel," but I'm flattered.

Why thank you, I have never been called charming and witty before, but if you say so I'm sure it must be true.

You don't say! A whole pie, just for me? That's fantastic. And you put it in a box with money? You're too kind.

You didn't have to call my father and tell him how you feel about me just to validate me to him because he seems to think that playing football is the only way to meet women. Gosh, that was awful kind of you.

Oh, well. If you insist, I suppose I will try out to be an underwear model just so you can tell all your friends. It's fine. I mean, I'm sure I have the body for it.

What's that you say; you like me?

I need to scale back on this imaginary conversation. That last one was probably beyond the realms of believability.

13 comments:

  1. Um. This is adorable and funny and surprisingly cheerful.

    As for the last two lines, so I'm not even going to -- actually, yes, I will. It's absolutely silly and thus both hilarious and a little sad. You know better. Or, at least you should, and so should Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding a preview, by the way. It's incredibly handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cock my head at this conversation.
    It's a good dramatic monologue.

    If this is really how most of your imaginary conversations go, well, good for your brain, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha.
    I like this too. I wish it were REALLY me and not just me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I have stolen it, so it's not me, either. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. That second half made no sense. Sorry, Robby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want there to be a color 'Daniel'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So do I. And Robby. I would paint everything I own the color Robby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's an interesting thought . . . What would the color Robby look like? Or the color Brooke? or Janelle? Or Kyle? Or Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  10. For some reason, I'm picturing all of those colors as patterns and not just colors. Robby's is with stripes, Brooke's is with polka dots, and Kyle's is with plaid.

    Silly Janelle! Those aren't colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like polka dots. Are there swirls too?

    I think that People colored colors would be patterned. They would be a mixture of colors that would form their own pattern as you painted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good, because apparently, that's what I think, too. When I think of Robby, I see a set of colors. When I think of Brooke, I think of a set of colors. Blah blah blah . . . you know?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh-- and yes. Swirls, of course! :-)

    ReplyDelete