Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

3.21

Cornchips.
I have a piece of advice for you, if you're listening. Lady, you're too stuck in your ways. Really. Your ways. You keep getting into situations that will challenge you and you just run from them as quickly as you can. You throw yourself headfirst into love, and then pull the chute as soon as there's any risk at all. I'm mixing metaphors. Suffice it to say that I've watched you hurt yourself too many times, and I'm tired of you coming back to our room and complaining about it. Another boy broke up with you? That's your own darn fault, Lady.
So, here's the summation of all my advice: cornchips.
They're normal. They're standard.

Next time, try a walking taco with fries instead, and when he asks you to marry him, don't cut and run.

9 comments:

  1. Room mate? Sister? I don't care. I didn't want to say because I couldn't work it in without needing another paragraph and it's late and I was tired an hour ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty great as it is. I was thinking roommate, but that's 'cause I'm in college.

    I like this. I really do. I like the metaphors and the characterization in the voice of this narrator, and oh I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also thinking roommate because I don't know any sisters who call each other "Lady."

    A walking taco! :-)

    I like this, but I wonder. Why is she running? Is it just the challenge of it, or is there more. Is she afraid to commit because the guy is wrong for her, and she knows it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking "Lady" was her name.
    I have no idea why she's running. But I really didn't like it when I wrote it. I'm glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. That makes sense. Well, then, a sister sounds more appropriate.

      Why didn't you like it?

      Delete
  5. It does nothing to me. It just grrs me. It's an aggravation I have, and other than that, it has no good effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does nothing to you, but it may do something to someone else. Also, I like your metaphor of cornchips vs. walking taco--I really did. It works, even if not for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ^That is why I published it. I wrote it because i expected to do better.

    ReplyDelete