Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Monday, October 22, 2012

10.22b

There's only enough love in me to drown in. Soft and melted by fear of the sun, it layers itself over your skin in golden, corpulent sheets. My hands sink in and I dig through for your skin. We sway to the rhythm of our heartbeats and the love of us rises up above our throats and falls down our throats.
I wish for the little death, but love reaches my eyeballs and seeps into my furthest memories. My hands are glued to yours. My eyes are locked on you. I ache, but love has hardened between us and locked us forever in a perfect embrace, neither sexual nor alone.
If the sun comes back, we can survive.

9 comments:

  1. Bonus points for knowing without a dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not corpulent. That's easy. The other thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you mean bonus points for knowing that "the little death" is an orgasm, then points for me. It comes from the French. Why I know that, I have no idea. I think it comes from some line in television or Shakespeare or something.

    I was thinking this reminds me of Browning's mocking of the Romantics, particularly Keats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un petit mort?

    One can drown in four inches of water (which is how big the draft of Viking ships could be)?

    They're getting covered in wax?

    This reminds me of Florence and the Machine's song *Cosmic Love.*

    It is beautiful and also terrible, which is the best description of love I can think of. I mean, of which I can think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Bonus points! Do I ever get to redeem said points for a prize or something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gratuitous slices of a cheese which you don't like--available on your next sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Which" is for commas, in general.

    ReplyDelete