Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1_19

Dear Diary:
What?
She said no, but . . . I asked why. Note to self: never question why. She didn't have a reason, which is worse than having a reason, because it means that she doesn't even value me enough to come up with one. She just turned me down.
Cold.
Flat.
Nonchalant.
"No."
I was expecting the "let's be friends instead" speech. What I got was like . . . ten times worse. I got "You're a great guy and I'm sure you'll make some girl happy someday." What is that even supposed to mean? I'm a great guy, but I'm not good enough for you? GREAT <>cuuuuuuuuse me if I got the wrong idea. I guess I'll just start dating for kicks and giggles now.
"Hello, ma'am. You look like a ho, so I assume that you'll be easy to get into bed. Are you free on Saturday night?"
I can't deal with Maggie right now. Ugh, her name sounds like a curse word now. Maggie.

For the first time in months, I'd rather do World Civ than think about Maggie.

4 comments:

  1. I always thought World Civ was interesting.

    (Also, less complicated than guys (yes, guys are COMPLICATED).)

    Anyway, poor diary self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think guys are so complicated. We're pretty simple: we want food and boobs and will do anything to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you were afraid to comment after that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afraid to comment after that? No, no. I just didn't see it.

    I don't see you trying all that hard for either of those, so it must not be true of ALL guys. I still think you guys are way more complicated than you give yourself credit for-- you just don't talk about it as much as girls do.

    Example, you say? Abraham Lincoln. (I loved that guy.) Oh, and CS Lewis. Winston Churchill. JS Bach. Uhm... James Buchanan.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete