Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Sunday, September 18, 2011

9.19

Three fourths of the time when I'm feeling down, I seem to think of a happy song to sing. They are usually hymns. I am beginning to suspect that God knew I would need hymns to get me through the hard times, so he taught me as many as would fit in my brain.
It was subtle, but effective.

The other fourth of the time I just languish in my horrible fear of happiness, freak out, and say too much.
Control, Robby. Control. It is what you lack.

Blessed is the rock . . . Blessed is the rock of my salvation. The lord liveth . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hymns . . . that is beautiful. I very stupidly drown them out sometimes.

    Say too much? No. Haven't you ever seen David's hymns?

    I don't think it's control you lack. I think it's actually quite the opposite.

    ReplyDelete