Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Monday, September 19, 2011

9.19b

"The heart of the matter, the real core, is the pain, really. Pain. It's what motivates the change; what throws the mind into . . ."

He droned on.
What was he to me? Where did he get off, talking about my pain?

"Really, the change motivated by pain is usually more lasting than a change motivated by pleasure. Think about a relationship: more people stay apart due to pain than stay together due to pleasure. It's quite clear . . ."

Undoubtedly, he had no idea what he was saying. Fantastic. My pain? My pain motivates no change. My pain motivates no difference.

[wrote this in class. I don't like it. I don't want to finish it. It doesn't speak. I would have to change a lot of things and write a lot of things to make it speak. Hate.]

1 comment: