Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Monday, September 17, 2012

9.17b

[On Thursday, a young man died in his apartment. He wasn't found for twenty four hours. His parents want him cremated because he's a hassle. His friends worry that his parents are jerks.]

When I die, Katy gets all of my cameras, film, and picture frames on the stipulation that she hang enough pictures to warp the drywall.
When I die, Philip gets my passwords, accounts, and video games.
When I die, Brooke gets all my cooking equipment, even though she probably doesn't need it.
When I die, Mom and Dad get my car and any money in my bank, because all the expensive stuff I own is theirs anyway.
When I die, Josue Feliciano gets the rights to my plays for all time.
When I die, God gets my soul.

When I die, you get the blog. Print off your favorite and take it off the web. A daily endeavor is no place for the dead.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that I will have such a clear-cut and organized will one day. Your last paragraph is exactly right. When I die, that's what I want for my blogs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [Do we know how he died?]

    Thank you for your honesty. And your blog.

    I hope you're not offended when I state that I don't want your blog for a very very long time. I'd much rather have the daily endeavorer around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He died of a heart attack. He shrugged off the symptoms until he fell over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.

    Did you purposely put poetry into those last three sentences? It's not rhyme, it's rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did. The first time, I wrote "a daily endeavor is no place for a dead man" until I realized that "for the dead" sounds better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it's a phrase that echoes throughout the day. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THAT I GET YOUR BEST STUFF

    ReplyDelete