Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2.2

Vivaciousness.
But seriously, lively women are sexually intimidating and I like that?

When she snapped her fingers, he came running. She said "jump" and he didn't even ask "how high" he just jumped and hoped it was good enough. She walked quickly and he had to keep up.
But when he kissed her she melted.

[I know this is the kind of crap people like to read but it is just ridiculous. How healthy is that relationship? Not very, I'll wager.]

7 comments:

  1. "Can you act like an animal?"
    "Yes."
    "You'll be perfect, darling."
    __

    Okay, so I'll probably get in trouble for this . . . But one of the reasons I adore Sherlock Holmes and his friendship with John Watson is that they do challenge each other and work together. They could easily intimidate each other, but they don't. John patiently teaches Sherlock how to be emotionally intelligent, while Sherlock teaches John how to be deductive. When things get tough, they work together.

    I know it's different from what you're talking about, but in some ways, it's the same. I mean, relationships with people take work, and patience and choice.

    I think.

    I'm pretty sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, that's probably not a healthy relationship. On either side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me think of "For an Amorous Lady" by Theodore Roethke.

    ReplyDelete