Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Saturday, November 17, 2012

11.17

I don't curse.
I don't speed.
I don't lie.
I don't take music.
I don't park in handicapped spaces.
I don't "forget" to tip.
I don't hate anybody.
I don't do wrong.
In every way, I do the right. I try my best. I struggle and fight. I scrape and muster. But if loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Let's stay up all night and laugh at the flow of the moon. Let's go swimming in our neighbor's pool when he's gone to work. Let's drive to the edge of the map and stop where we want to. Let's get tattoos of each other's middle names. Let's stare death in the face, talk so long we forget to eat, live so much there's no room for fear. Let's be superlative. Let's expand the known edges of experience. Let's be more than everybody who ever came before. Let's be brave, and forget why we're here. Let's love, and love, and love.

4 comments:

  1. I can't think of the words that I have to describe how I feel about this. I think if I do, I'll reveal too much of myself to the Internet.

    I certainly like it, though. It's bold and honest and just a little bit crazy. It feels brave and devil-may-care. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you, R.W. You will get for what you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you think I felt while writing it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a ke$ha song...the 2nd half anyway

    ReplyDelete