Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Saturday, March 26, 2011

3.26

It's like climbing a mountain (not hating someone). It's arduous, and the mountain itself seems to fight me. The climbing gets harder and harder the closer I come to the summit. Finally, when I think I'm about to fall down from lack of oxygen, I'm there.
I reached the peak. But it's tenuous. It's not easy to stand in the biting wind and not hate someone. It's not easy to persevere without oxygen, food, and water.

4 comments:

  1. This is intense and I think probably also good.

    As a person who's hated people before and gotten over it, I think maybe you might benefit from knowing that what's a struggle now can eventually become a habit, and one day, you might wake up and realize that it's over; you don't have to struggle not to hate anymore.

    Then again, there's one person that I hate whom I sort of . . . love to hate? I still haven't figured out a solution for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hard battle with nature for sure. Glad you made it to the top, although that comes with its own set of hardships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I did not make it to the top. She put her boot in my face and shoved. :(

    ReplyDelete