Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

4.10

I want, just once, to write something. Something really something, you know? I want not to change the world or change the arts but to change a mind. And not just any mind: someone I don't know. Someone I'll never know. And then, I want that mind to tell me about it somehow and just send me a postcard or something to tell me just how I changed their mind and I should never stop writing because all my pointless little words have had a use.

5013a Eastview Terrace, Apison, TN 37315

Just once I want to receive some mail. I have two letters I need to respond to right now anyway. I'm going to do that.
I hereby solemnly swear to respond to anything I receive. Perhaps I won't be timely, but I'll sure as heck be something.

4 comments:

  1. I want exactly that-- to write "something," as you put it, that changes the mind of someone I don't know.

    I do not believe your words are pointless or even little, and I can think of a bunch of arguments you might use against that, but I don't care. I think you are brilliant, and while not every word you write is golden, more of them are than aren't (I just typed "haren't").

    I want to send you mail now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, ditto what Janelle said.

    I also long to write something that means something special to someone, anyone, whether I know them or not. I, too, also want to write you mail now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, not to just be repeating everyone, but me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll write you back. Don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete