Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Friday, April 20, 2012

4.20

I can't reach the other side of the bed with my feet, but I get pretty close. I swish my legs around, searching. Where is he? I hope he's not gone. Maybe he slipped in the bathroom. Maybe there's a burglar in the house. Maybe he's been taken for witnessing a crime. Maybe the government is relocating him. Maybe he got a call from a science and technology company and they need his skills as a dentist to rewire a vital piece of equipment upon which many lives depend. Maybe he's with another woman.
He walks back in and slumps into bed. "Where you been?" I ask nonchalantly.
He laughs. "I peed. Come here," he growls, and with it he pulls me into an embrace from which there is no escape.

When did I get so lucky?

11 comments:

  1. Aww.

    I didn't know he was a dentist. I always thought he was more of a computer guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this is so cute!

    Wait, are these people we/you know??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha janelle. No.
    I sure don't think I know these people. I don't intrude on married people's personal lives if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. I like this. There's hope in this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I haven't had that in a while.

    I just wish I could nail down my writing style or at least be more confident in how scattered it seems.
    I wish I could finish Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I mean I don't wish those things.

    ReplyDelete