Dance in the Full Moon

O, the Frailty of Memory

Sunday, April 8, 2012

4.8

The ending credits music was so perfect that I have to go back and listen to it a third time. I have never been so beyond my depth.
Is this what people feel like in literature classes?
To not have the right questions--to not know the answers, but to not know the questions--to be afraid of everything and yet engulfed just the same?
That's what I feel. I haven't felt so beyond my depth since 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Everything I know about myself is up in the air (not because of the movie, but because of me. I can't react to it. I have literally no ability to react at all).
As of this moment I realize I have based my entire identity on being able to think. What happens when I can't is truly a gruesome experiment.
I write posts like this.

Go watch Akira. I'll wait. Then tell me the questions I'm supposed to ask.

1 comment:

  1. You still can think, you know.

    If it helps at all, I'm beyond my depth all the time.

    That probably doesn't help. I will go watch it as soon as I obtain it from you; I promise.

    ReplyDelete